Monday, November 30, 2009

Blue Monday

Seems like the holiday season starts a little earlier every year.  Even the Thanksgiving boundary didn't hold this year, with carols ringing out in public places days before.  Is this holiday creep?

I'm not necessarily against extending a time of good cheer and generosity -- and I certainly am a sucker for blinkie lights -- but I don't think I like six weeks of Holiday Season.  The songs really aren't good enough, and Thanksgiving gets short shrift.

And many have personal reasons for blustering through the holidays -- something is pushing all those suicides (will the rate reflect the extended season?)

So I'm for putting off the decorations, musical and otherwise, until mid December.  Let the autumn play out, give Thanksgiving it's due, and make the weeks surrounding the New Year more like Christmas. 


No comments:

Post a Comment